Raritan Valley Community College
Workforce Educator (Automotive)
Ranked by BestColleges.com and Niche.com as the #1 community college in New Jersey, Raritan Valley Community College has been serving as an academic and cultural center for Somerset and Hunterdon County residents for 50 years. The College has been nationally recognized for its service to the community, environmental stewardship, and commitment to diversity. It is home to a Planetarium, Science Education Institute and 3M Observatory, a 1,000-seat Theatre, an Honors College for high achieving students and much more.
The College offers more than 90 associate degrees and certificates, as well as career training, small business assistance through the Small Business Development Center, professional development, and adult and youth personal enrichment courses. RVCC is located at 118 Lamington Road in Branchburg, NJ. For further information, visit www.raritanval.edu.
Raritan Valley Community College has an anticipated opening of Workforce Educator- Automotive.
To deliver high quality training in hard and soft skills that prepares students for long-term employment success, to perpetually improve quality of lessons while ensuring curriculum remains aligned with industry standards, to ensure the safe and effective operation of workforce programs, prepare and evaluate classroom/lab activities, assist with curricular updates and industry professional standards, attend department and industry meetings and recruitment events, work with program coordinator to maximize retention efforts, assist teaching staff with various professional and technical activities, including tutoring students, administering assessments, and preparing course activities. In addition, incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance of laboratory equipment, tools, and vehicles.
- Maintain all lab equipment and vehicles in safe working order.
- Maintain student records as directed; ensure academic and attendance records are accurate and current; provide information for institutional reporting and assessment.
- Attend department or industry meetings and recruitment events as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of teaching materials, perform clerical duties related to instruction as directed by the Program Coordinator, and assist in classroom/lab management.
- Deliver engaging and high-quality instruction with individuals and small groups to achieve program outcomes; adapt teaching style to meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Ensure learning activities are conducted safely and according to industry standards.
- Assist students in achieving technical competence and behavior benchmarks deemed appropriate by industry standards.
- Evaluate students as directed by Program Coordinator; ensure that all students have a clear understanding of the program requirements and that all graduates have met all competencies according to industry standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years of education/work experience in the Automotive industry.
- Must be ASE Certified or become ASE Master Certified within one year.
- Prior experience as a teacher/trainer preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Understanding of and commitment to the College’s mission of service to the community.
- Ability to solve problems and work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Position requires evening hours and the ability to travel to different work and school sites.
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, walking, kneeling and climbing.Lift and carry equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for a distance of 50 feet.
- Requires handling equipment weighing up to 50 pounds while pushing, pulling, lifting, twisting, and reaching while lifting.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
RVCC’s starting salary is commensurate with educational qualifications and experience. We also offer an attractive benefits package.
For consideration of the above position, please submit your cover letter and resume online
We regret that we are unable to respond to each and every resume received. Only those candidates of interest will be contacted directly.
Raritan Valley Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Plan Employer. We will implement the policy to assure that the employment opportunities offered at the institution are available to all persons.
To apply for this job please visit rvcc.interviewexchange.com.